Hellbent Games is in the process of growing our talented team to build a high calibre Unreal 4 action game. We are an independent development studio located in beautiful Burnaby, BC, adjacent to restaurants, public transportation and nature.
We are looking for an audio engineer to join our team. You will work closely with our design and gameplay teams to create a rich, compelling acoustic environment for an online multiplayer game.
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills
- Enthusiastic to give and receive feedback
- Approach work with integrity, professionalism and discretion
- Work closely with the gameplay programming and design teams to meet any technical and design requirements of the audio environment
- Maintain and expand the audio infrastructure for our games (music, voice and SFX sequencing, audio bank management, mixer hierarchy, parameter controls)
- Design and/or integrate new audio workflows, audio plugins and hardware innovations
- Identify and resolve audio pipeline and game engine issues and identify opportunities for improvement and optimization
- Work with our middleware partners to integrate and maintain audio software functionality across all of our supported platforms and consoles
- Work with our audio content producers to introduce assets that effectively meet the game’s requirements
- Passion for making and playing games, implementing audio experiences in games, and audio in general
- A minimum of at least one shipped title in game audio programming
- Strong C++ skills
- Knowledge of audio signal processing – mixing, sample rates, data compression, filters, reverbs, portaling, reflections, 3D positional audio, spatial audio, etc.
- Comfortable working with established coding frameworks and standards
- Knowledge of Wwise, F-Mod or other industry standard audio middleware
- Music and/or sound creation experience: composing, arrangement, synthesis, MIDI sequencing, digital audio workstations, etc.
- A degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong Mathematics skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, etc.)
- Experience programming on consoles
- Competitive salary
- Extended Health & Dental benefits
- Family-focused studio with holidays, studio closures, and sick days
- Flexible and laid back office environment (overtime is very rare)
- Individual contributions make a huge impact to our game
- Play games everyday, including the game you’re working on
- Lunchtime videogames, boardgames, sports, and pilates
Must be eligible and available for Full Time & On-site work in Vancouver, BC. Please send a cover letter with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org