The Video Horror Society Wants YOU
Come Join Our Growing VHS Team!
Junior DevOps Engineer
Hellbent Games is in the process of growing our talented team to launch VHS- our multiplayer Unreal 4 action game. We are seeking an engineer with a passion for building and maintaining live game services that are scalable, secure and highly-available.
This job involves development and maintenance of scalable, secure and highly-available services and infrastructure for online gaming such as player progression, cloud saves, account management, online storefronts, friend requests, party and guild systems, voice chat, profile statistics and database backup and recovery.
The DevOps development and maintenance of our deployment systems, built in and around Jenkins, AWS, GameLift, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills
- Eager to learn, enthusiastic to give and receive feedback
- Approach work with integrity, professionalism and discretion
- Develop improved deployment systems based upon CloudFormation
- Maintain and expand upon the existing deployment system
- Monitor and maintain the health of the servers
- Familiarity with Python & C++
- Working knowledge of source code management/version control such as Perforce
- A continuous drive to learn and develop role related skills and proficiencies
- Experience in a LiveOps games environment
- Bachelor of Computer Science or a related degree
- Working knowledge using Jenkins automation server to build and deploy applications
- Understanding of build and release tools
- Competitive salary
- Extended Health & Dental benefits
- Family-focused studio with 2 weeks vacation, holidays, studio closures, and unlimited sick days
- Hybrid return to the office – have the choice to work from home on Monday and Friday
- Flexible and laid back office environment (overtime is very rare)
- Individual contributions make a huge impact to our game
- Play games everyday, including the game you’re working on
- Lunchtime video games, board games and weekly Pilates
Must be eligible and available for Full Time & On-site work in Vancouver, BC area. Please send a cover letter with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org