Working with a small design team, you will create balanced, consistent and thrilling levels for online play, based on our games’ mechanics and core vision. Ultimately, you will make a huge mark on the project, ensuring our game is fun to play!
Hellbent Games is in the process of growing our talented team to launch a high calibre Unreal 4 action game in 2020. We are an independent development studio located in beautiful Burnaby, BC, adjacent to restaurants, public transportation and nature.
Hellbent is seeking eager and passionate designers with a desire to build innovative maps for a new online action experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of game development experience in a design role on a shipped title
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or equivalent (Unity, Source Engine)
- A minimum of 2 years level design experience
- Experience with design production tools and level editing pipelines
- Knowledge of various environment creation tools, as well as popular 3D packages such as 3DStudioMax or Maya
- Quantifiable knowledge of pipelines, pacing of multi-player maps and sightlines and visual blockers for tuning gameplay and performance
- A proven problem solver with an analytical mind and critical thinking
- Ability to collaborate within a team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication in the English language
- Current ability to work in Canada is required
- Experience designing multiplayer games
- One AAA credited title on console/PC
- Ability to think of creative solutions to technical limitations of the game engine
- Passion for gaming
- Competitive salary.
- Extended Health & Dental benefits.
- Family-focused studio with holidays, studio closures, and sick days.
- Flexible and laid back office environment (overtime is very rare).
- Individual contributions make a huge impact to our game.
- Play games everyday, including the game you’re working on.
- Lunchtime videogames, boardgames, sports, and pilates.
Must be eligible and available for Full Time & On-site work in Vancouver, BC. Please send a cover letter with your CV to email@example.com