Hellbent is looking for an experienced and world-class technical artist who has a passion for creating visually stunning gaming experiences. You will be responsible for developing special effects, and efficient and dramatic rendering techniques to deliver best in class visuals for our next game.
- Assist in development of complex visual effects from prototyping through to final implementation
- Act as the bridge between artists and programmers to help achieve the vision of the game
- Build scripts and tools to assist in the creation of art assets
- Strong understanding of 3D concepts (eg. modeling, texturing, particle systems, rendering & shading, lighting, rigging, skinning, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years experience using Maya or Max
- Familiarity with Python, Mel, or Max scripting
- Knowledge in the creation of Special Effects (Particle Systems, Animated Materials, Attachments, and Post Process Effects)
- Strong understanding of Rendering and Shader Techniques
- Experience with Unreal Engine would be a benefit
- Skills in related art disciplines would be a benefit
Please provide some examples of past visual effects that you worked on, scripts that you wrote, and/or modeling, lighting, or any other media that you personally created.
To apply, please get in touch and provide your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org